Date Posted: October 25, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: MOTLEY RICE LLC
City: MOUNT PLEASANT SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Paralegal certificate required.
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years of legal support experience.
- Experience working in the legal field a plus.
- Familiar with MS Office suite.
Perform a Variety of paralegal functions to assist Senior Paralegals and Attorneys in representing their clients fairly and efficiently, completing casework, documentation and interaction with clients in preparation for and during (or up to and including) trial. Under direction, completes legal work that requires knowledge of legal concepts. This includes assisting more senior Paralegals in the commencement of action for new cases, the discovery process, pretrial preparation, trial, post-trial and appellate work, settlements and general paralegal responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
“Essential functions” are primarily job duties that employee must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Assist attorney and senior paralegals in all phases of discovery, prepares discovery responses and requests to include requests for production, interrogatories and requests for admissions, depositions, docketing, scheduling, fielding client calls, and frequent written and oral communication with defense and/or co-counsel.
- Review medical records.
- Arrange files and reviews documents and may prepare summonses.
- May draft pre-trial data, assists in the preparation of trial notebooks, exhibits and legal authorities.
- Organize and prepare exhibits, depositions/testimony copies, etc.
- Prepare trial subpoenas and assist in scheduling of witnesses.
- As directed by senior paralegals and attorneys, summarize trial testimony and drafts bill of costs.
- Assist on designation of records and compiling briefs.
- Conduct legal research on case law using Lexis Nexis, Westlaw, and other appropriate law and/or medical libraries, databases, and on-line facilities.
- Perform general/and or administrative paralegal duties including legal research and specific points of briefing cases.
- Correspond with clients and adversaries.
- Maintain files, including form files, legal memos and expert’s files.
- Complete special projects as requested.
Overtime is possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Work is performed in a normal heated or air-conditioned office environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. This job description must not be misconstrued as a promise of employment, nor deemed as an employment contract. EOE. We participate in e-verify.
Work may require more than 40 hours per week to perform the duties of the position. Work may require travel.
28 BRIDGESIDE BLVD
MT PLEASANT, SC 29464
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.