License Examiner 1
Date Posted: July 27, 2021
Deadline: August 27, 2021
Organization: Department of Motor Vehicles
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $29,430.00 Hiring Range - Max. $34,810.00
Minimum Qualifications & State Qualifications
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent plus two years of clerical experience.
• Must have a valid SC Driver’s License and be 21 years or older.
• Must complete a nationwide criminal background check to include finger prints prior to being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests.
• Must complete a knowledge skill tests must complete a formal CDL test examiner trainer course and examination that includes Introduction to CDL Licensing System, Overview of the CDL Test and Knowledge Test
• Must be able to attend required training. Training will consist of (7) days in Blythewood and continue at a Centralized Training Site (which may not necessarily be at the location where you have been assigned) for an additional four (4) weeks. An employee that scores below 80% on the weighted average of all assessments will be terminated from their position for failure to successfully complete the training requirements.
• The person holding this position may be required to relocate to an office within 30 miles of their home office if business needs require. This move cannot exceed 30 miles from the current office.
• The DMV License Examiner I determines applicant's physical and mental fitness and competency to safely operate motor vehicles.
• Administers written, oral and automated examinations to determine applicant's knowledge of laws and driving procedures.
• Examines, accepts, prepares, enters, and prints all documents required in issuing driver licenses, beginner permits, and identification cards for all classes; original duplicate transfers, temporary and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, permits, and/or titles.
• Researches suspension inquiries, modifies driver International Registration Plan, registration credentials and issues automobile dealership licenses.
• Receives, codes and issues receipts for surrendered license plates.
• The DMV License Examiner I administers road test examinations in all of the following class vehicles; A, B, C, D, E, F, M & CDL.
Road tests are conducted throughout the year in a variety of weather conditions including rain, wind, summer heat and cold winter days. Testing begins in the early morning hours and continues through the early evening hours.
510 Alexander Ave
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.