Licensed Practical Nurse
Date Posted: July 5, 2022
Deadline: August 19, 2022
Organization: New Horizon Family Health Services
Location: Greenville Area
Job Type: Full Time
- Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing and one (1) year of practical nursing experience, preferably in an ambulatory health care setting.
- Must be licensed as a Practical Nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
- One (1) year of experience in a community health center setting
- Experience with an EHR
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs and professional construction of emails
- Must demonstrate
- legible handwriting
- excellent spelling
- the ability to accept responsibility as indicated
- being a motivated and enthusiastic learner
- a courteous and tactful manner
- the ability to work under stress and work well with others
- speaking clearly and grammatically correct
The Licensed Practical Nurse assists the Medical Provider or Registered Nurse (RN) in the care and treatment of New Horizon Family Health Services patients. The LPN shall perform a variety of complex nursing tasks and related duties as required.
- Collects and documents in the EHR: vital signs, patient complaints/concerns, demographic data and history from patient, family and others, while following Patient Centered Medical Home procedures.
- Identifies gross manifestations of common diseases and abnormal conditions.
- Identifies gross states of faulty emotional and mental health adjustments.
- Understands the purpose of and has a working knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home concepts.
- Tracking: Works with Nursing Staff team members to track outcomes for referrals, hospitalizations, pap smears, vouchers and other required information supporting Patient Centered Medical Home guidelines and processing Gaps in Care report as assigned.
- Organizes time to provide expected care to assigned patients.
- Helps to support the achievement of provider productivity goals.
- Is responsible for assisting with daily patient phone messages.
- Will assist MA and CSS as needed to complete patient referrals
- Will monitor and complete assigned Athena provider staff buckets and task buckets
- Performs ordered treatments and procedures in accordance with NHFHS and area of practice policies and procedures and documents them in the EHR.
- Administers medications in accordance with policies and procedures and with knowledge of usual dosage, expected results, and potential side effects and documents them in the EHR.
- Correctly processes and documents Point of Care Lab Tests and Basic Lab Tests, as assigned.
- Provides care in a gentle, safe manner.
- Participates in CQI, other internal committees, special projects/observances or activities that promote improvements in organizational performance and/or advance the mission, goals, and objectives of NHFHS.
- Performs other duties, which may be assigned by the Practice Manager, Director of Nursing & Clinical Support Services, Chief Medical Officer and/or the Chief Executive Officer.
975 W Faris Rd
Greenville , SC 29605
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.