Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Date Posted: November 19, 2021
Deadline: December 24, 2021
Organization: Carolina Health Centers, Inc.
Location: Greenwood Laurens Saluda
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting at $19.28 per hour
All employees of Carolina Health Centers, Inc. are expected to perform the duties of their job and behave in a manner consistent with the Corporate Philosophy which supports the values of: honesty, integrity, openness, the pursuit of individual and collective excellence, and unwavering mutual respect and appreciation.
In addition, this position requires:
- Graduate of an accredited program of practical nurse education. May consider Registered Nurse as identified by company needs.
- Licensure and Credentials:
- Licensed by South Carolina and in good standing as a LPN/RN
- BCLS certification
- Work Experience:
- Experience preferred but will train new graduates
- Able to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Able to calculate medication dosages correctly
- Proficient in use of computer and keyboard
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Knowledge of HIPAA and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to manage self and environment calmly and appropriately in stressful situations
- Clinical skills (basic): taking vital signs, patient assessments, injections, appropriate and complete documentation
- Clinical Skills (advanced): phlebotomy, IV, EKG, catheterizations as examples
- Physical Abilities:
- Stand for extended periods of time
- Able to push, pull and reach, sit, stoop and stretch
- Have full range of body motion
- Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a computer, telephone, copier and medical equipment
- Able to lift and position patients using appropriate body mechanics
- Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to be able to collect data and record where appropriate (i.e. computer and/or paper)
- Vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Effective August 9, 2021, vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for new hires. For questions, please contact us at 864.396.0121.
We have positions in both family and pediatrics and various Carolina Health Centers locations in Greenwood, Laurens, and Saluda counties.
The nurse, under the supervision of the nurse manager and/or clinical coordinator, is responsible for assisting the provider in the delivery of health care and patient care management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Active patient care team member: identifying and reporting to provider specific patient needs including those required for the visit and for general health care concerns
- Conducts pre-visit planning by reviewing and updating patient charts prior to appointment and collecting additional information such as lab results, ER reports etc. as indicated from chart review and patient care huddle
- Prepares patient for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room and taking history as required by work flow algorithm. Assesses Vital signs
- Performs routine lab procedures, including basic phlebotomy, as listed in Laboratory Manual
- Assists providers with examinations and diagnostic procedures
- Administers non-intravenous injections as ordered
- Initiates and monitors Intravenous Fluids per professional license
- Maintains patient documentation for example but not limited to lab orders and results, procedure results, phone calls
- Assists team in care management as directed by provider
- Follows Standing Orders
- Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment
- Maintains patient rooms and treatment rooms
- Sterilizes all instruments as needed
- Assists in maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Orders and maintains medications for office
- Works in conjunction with Pharmacy Protocols
- Triages and responds to patient communications within practice policy
- Participates in professional development activities as offered and required within the organization
- Complies with all HIPAA regulations
- Updates and maintains clinical skills. Requests education as needed
- Treats patients, their families and staff with dignity and respect
- Performs other related work as required
- Directly supervised by Office Provider
- Nurse Manager/Coordinator
- Works with the office manager to promote teamwork between the administrative and clinical staff
This job description is not designed to cover or contain an exhaustive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
313 Main St
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.