Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
What You Will Need:
- At least 6 months of manufacturing, industrial, military or heavy equipment operation experience, OR a certificate or a degree in a relevant field, OR currently enrolled in a vocational program
- Willing to work any shift (including rotating – days/nights), as well as overtime, some weekends & holidays as scheduled
- Willing to work in a non-climate controlled industrial environment
- Willing and able to perform tasks including lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to pull and lift up to 50lbs
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 2 or more years of previous manufacturing or industrial experience
- High School Diploma or higher
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lumber or wood products
- Mechanical experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment
Georgia-Pacific is seeking experienced manufacturing employees for our Lumber Multi-Operator role in our Prosperity, SC Lumber Mill. As a Multi Operator, you operate lumber production equipment on one or more machine centers. The equipment may include automated saws, scanners, bundlers, sorter trimmers as well as associated transfer fork lifts & lumber handling equipment. Additionally, you will be responsible for cleaning up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
This position offers opportunities to advance as new skills are acquired and openings occur.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learning to run Lumber equipment until you can run at production levels assigned
- Perform preventative maintenance
- Performing housekeeping functions to aid in keeping machinery functioning properly, to reduce hazards and maintain the appearance of the plant
- Performing minor repairs to ensure machine reliability and escalate machine maintenance needs appropriately
- Contributing to a team environment by cross training and filling in for other operators during absences
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.