Date Posted: December 6, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: Manus Bio
Location: Augusta Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Millwright to assist with capital projects, recommissioning, startup, and maintenance activities. The ideal candidate will have expertise with mechanical systems including: pumps, hydraulics, rotating equipment, laser alignment, and mechanical seals. Familiarity with electrical systems is a plus. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team located in Augusta, GA.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment. Takes necessary corrective actions to maintain equipment within proper operating specifications.
- Examines, tests and measures equipment for normal operation using gauges, instruments and records data on appropriate forms.
- Make preventive maintenance checks and inspections of equipment, reports findings to supervisor/team. Completes appropriate documentation and develops a follow up action plan if required.
- Participates and attends required training. Assists in training of new employees and the re-training of existing employees in the work area of responsibility.
- Inspects new and used parts to determine proper tolerance, wear patterns, etc., using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Makes repairs as necessary to maintain equipment per manufacturer specifications using hand tools and power tools. Must be able to operate hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates lathe, drill press, grinder and other metalworking tools as required to make or repair parts.
- Must have computer skills that would enable them to create work orders, word documents and order parts through SAP.
- Complies with all documentation requirements regarding processing GMPs, safety, housekeeping, environmental and sanitation. All work performed must be done in compliance with company guidelines for safety and environment responsibility.
- Is able to operate within a team based environment, willing to participate in team activities, serve in Leadership roles, and be receptive to receiving and giving constructive feedback to their team members and management.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions as well as work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Must be able to function responsibly as part of a team.
- Must by physically able to handle equipment up to 50 kilograms using available equipment. Must be able to lift 40-pound containers repetitively. Must be able to wear required protective equipment, including respirators. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders repetitively when required.
- Work schedule will vary during shutdowns and other extraordinary conditions to include shift work.
- Must be able to follow minimal instructions and support safe work practices.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3 years’ experience in the field of mechanical maintenance.
- Previous experience with hydraulics, rotating equipment, laser alignment, mechanical seals.
- Clear understanding and experience adhering to energy isolation/lockout tagout (LOTO) requirements.
- Possess strong communication (written & spoken) and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders when required.
- Execute the job function with minimal oversite.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Experience with various computer applications in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Work schedules may vary during outages, shutdowns, or other extraordinary conditions. This position must be able to provide support during these times.
- Demonstrated ability to weld.
- Associates Degree in related field
- Ability to troubleshoot using a model.
- Experience working in cGMP environments
1762 Lovers Lane
Augusta, GA 30901
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.