Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 26, 2018
Organization: International Paper
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High School diploma or equivalent certificate or equivalent work experience.
Advanced degree in related field is highly preferred.
At least three years of successful mechanical and electrical/electronic troubleshooting and repair experience in a manufacturing facility.
- On-the-job success in safety, attendance and quality of work expected.
- Maintenance experience in corrugated a plus. Strong knowledge of lubrication, hydraulics, welding, pneumatics, electrical and electronics technologies.
- Excellent teamwork, cooperation and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to fully cross train in other technical areas to enhance capabilities.
- Willing and able to work any shift, call-ins, holidays, and overtime as there is a constant demand for overtime in our maintenance departments.
- Able to work with computer system for maintenance processes, stores, and work orders.
International Paper is currently recruiting a Maintenance Technician at our converting location in Lexington, South Carolina. Our maintenance technicians are responsible for safely providing maintenance support to their respective corrugated manufacturing facility. Successful candidates are expected to utilize both mechanical skills and knowledge (pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, power transmission, lubrication) and electrical/electronic skills and knowledge (PLCs, A/C, D/C motors and drives, schematics) in our continuous process manufacturing environment to achieve machine uptime metrics. They will also work with operations teams to troubleshoot and solve problems and they will be engaged in preventative maintenance processes in assigned areas. This position will be assigned to various shifts.