Maintenance Technician III
Date Posted: June 22, 2021
Deadline: September 1, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Based on experience.
- A technical, Associates Degree or certificate in a maintenance related field
- 6+ years of experience in maintaining industrial equipment. (Robotics, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical).
- Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
- Ability to train apprentices
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures. Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and programming systems, ability to maintain and troubleshoot PLC controlled equipment is required.
- Welding experience
- Ability to work from drawings, sketches, and blueprints.
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
- Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
- Advanced PC knowledge.
- Ability to acquire and maintain certifications for operation of service equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of codes and regulations as they apply to an industrial maintenance role (OSHA, Arc Flash, LOTO, NEC, etc.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely and proficiently perform maintenance related activities of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Assist in designing, fabricating, and welding of mechanical structures, guards and special equipment as required. Attend training to learn techniques for maintenance of new and existing equipment.
- Perform safe and effective operation of all equipment needed to perform job function
- Provides technical support to project managers and engineers on projects.
- Contributes to improving processes, equipment downtime, and costs.
- Provides resolutions from basic to moderately complex problems. Exercises judgment within procedures and practices in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at solutions.
- Diagnose and repair complex equipment breakdowns. Effectively communicate issues with OEM vendors and outside resources for rapid resolution of issues.
- Perform hands-on training for team members on maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Leads rigging, lifting and relocating a variety of complex, heavy machines, equipment and components.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate the team’s maintenance activities in absence of Team Leader
- Manages installation of new equipment.
- Manages Preventative Maintenance activities and establishes spare parts inventory for equipment.
The Maintenance Technician III Journeyman is expected to perform emergency, routine, and preventive maintenance on all production and building equipment while maintaining safety, communicating effectively, and training employees. Responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and controls related issues associated with manufacturing/facility operations. Under limited supervision, is responsible for complex assignments which require a broad understanding of the discipline or function and all related areas. Exercises latitude in determining approach to work and/or use of procedures, policies, or processes. Work is typically only evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met.
30 Industrial Park Blvd
Trenton, SC 29847
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.