Master Maintenance Electrician - Ref# 1504
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Organization: Sealed Air Corporation
Website: View Website
Minimum Qualifications: Two year Electrical degree with (5 years of experience in industrial electrical installation or maintenance) AND Master electrician certification.
I. Basic Function:
Provides site electrical systems oversight for repairs and maintenance as well as new system installations. Lay out, assembles, installs, and maintains electrical systems for manufacturing operations. Selects type and size of electrical components and related materials and equipment, such as motor control centers, bus ways, lighting systems according to NEC code and specifications. Serve as competent person for oversight of power distribution projects, manage contracts and contractors for projects over 600 VAC. Provides electrical training and guidance for electricians. Develop and execute new installations as well as repair and maintenance of power distribution systems. Provide close support to the maintenance workers for power distribution needs. Support Preventive, reactive and die change work as requested.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
? Develop and execute new installations as well as repair and maintenance of power distribution systems
? Provide close support to the maintenance workers for power distribution needs.
? Maintain the power quality log and follow up on root cause elimination, customer claims.
? Champion site electrical systems labeling system for continuous improvement.
? Oversee the annual power systems maintenance specifying contract and providing contract guidance
? Develop specifications for new and corrective power systems soliciting estimates and bids for contract.
? Champion contractor safety for all work over 600 VAC
? Champion site power systems compliance to NEC codes.
? Support Production and Facilities maintenance Preventive, reactive, and corrective work as well and die change as requested.
III. Other Requirements:
The Master Electrician is considered a job assignment within the Maintenance Electrician job description and the Master Electrician will be required to also support the basic job description of the maintenance electrician as all electrician job assignments are expected to be capable of supporting each other as back up. Electrician individuals will be assigned to a specific role/job assignment in an area and may be reassigned permanently or temporary to other Maintenance electrician roles / job assignments.
IV. Tool, Equipment and Material Requirements:
1. Responsible for equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks.
2. Basic Hand and power tools.
3. Specific Job related PPE as per the Job Analysis, Job Hazard Analysis, and written safety programs.
4. Metal Fabrication and Carpentry Equipment.
5. Use of electrical meter, megging equipment (basic electrical skills).
6. Responsible for safety equipment issued.
7. Mobile equipment ranging from personnel carts to lift trucks
8. Utilize the correct tools for the job.
V. Safety Requirements:
1. Participate on safety & problem solving teams.
2. Prepare and assist in administering task lists of safety and housekeeping assignments to employees in support of the Simpsonville Safety and PFS Programs.
3. Wears all required PPE: as per JHAs, pre-job safety analysis, written safety programs, or general safety rules.
4. Perform all duties using safe work methods and required safety inspections.
5. Complies with all established safety rules, written safety programs, guidelines and policies.
6. Immediately report unsafe conditions, all accidents and near misses before the end of the shift to Supervisor or Manager.