Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: April 23, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Engineering Design Technology from an accredited institution.
- No relocation assistance is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Greenwood, SC to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorhip
- Minimum one (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customers engineering interpretation. (all expect MVSDE)
- Minimum one (1) year of experience with 3D CAD systems such as AutoCAD Inventor designing electro-mechanical assemblies. (MVSDE Only)
Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is currently seeking a Mechanical Drafter to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Mechanical Drafter is responsible for preparing all necessary mechanical drawings including, but not limited to, one line layout, 3-D models of short order specific parts or bus assemblies with flat files, overall layout, and connection details for complex assemblies from customer specifications and information; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge. In this position you will develop, enhance and maintain front end systems utilized by engineering and drafting to generate drawings and manufacturing information (fed). This salary band supports two types of functions within the engineering design capacity, mechanical and electrical design. This position requires an outstanding working knowledge of CAD technology, drafting skills and understanding of mechanical, electrical principals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Prepare complex layouts, coordination bus connection details, sketches, 3-D models, flat files, and drawings using CAD 3D models or various other computer programs and software, relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations of the general order.
- Analyze and interpret customer inquiries to assemblies during the negotiation and manufacturing phases of the assembly’s production.
- Develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance application, operating characteristics, or performance of components of the assemblies.
- Prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing information, and installation of assemblies.
- Produce and load product structure bills of material into business system computer.
- Compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- Assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototype parts and models.
- Maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss manufacturing information, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment (all except MVSDE).
- Maintain contact with customers, customer representatives to resolve problems as needed, and on site with the customer as necessary.
- Provide guidance to and assist and train less experienced drafters in all aspects of mechanical drafting; recommend technical methods or approaches for these personnel in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
- Provide input and feedback for continuous improvement of processes and systems ( all except MVSDE).
- Develop and maintain Bid Manager Programming and formation of pick tables and how each relates to product structures (FED).
- Develop and maintain Autocad Dynamic Blocks and CSHARP scripting, and their relationship with Pick tables smart strings (FED).
- Develop mastery of DA division tools and how to manipulate to produce automated output (FED).
- Perform other related duties as required. (all).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.