Mechanical Drafter (Lead Designer)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or currently enrolled in an Associate's degree program from an accredited institution with an expected graduation date by December 2018
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- One (1) year of experience preparing complex layouts, circuit diagrams, sketches and drawings relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretation.
- Associate’s degree in Drafting or Engineering Graphics Technology from an accredited institution
- Experience in computer drafting software packages (i.e. CAD, Inventor, and/or SolidWorks)
Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly division is currently seeking an Mechanical Drafter (Lead Designer) to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Mechanical Drafter (Lead Designer) is responsible for preparing all necessary mechanical drawings including, but not limited to, one line layout, 3-D models of short order specific parts or bus assemblies with flat files, overall layout, and connection details for complex assemblies from customer specifications and information; perform a wide variety of activities requiring the application of more complex drafting principles and related technical knowledge. This salary band supports two types of functions within the engineering design capacity, mechanical and electrical design. In this role, you will prepare complex layouts, coordination bus connection details, sketches, 3-D models, flat files, and drawings using CAD 3D models or various other computer programs and software, relating to new and modified equipment specifications, as well as from customer engineering interpretations of the general order. Incumbent will be responsible for assessing and interpreting customer inquiries to assemblies during the negotiation and manufacturing phases of the assemblies production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop special layout and sketches for engineering tests to determine the acceptance application, operating characteristics, or performance of components of the assemblies.
- You will prepare necessary information to ensure efficient and timely material procurement, manufacturing information, and installation of assemblies.
- You will be responsible for producing and loading product structure bills of material into business system computer.
- You will compile data required for project assignments and develop specifications, reports, and other related written documents as required.
- You will assist in the assembly of fabrication of prototype parts and models.
- You will maintain contact with manufacturing personnel to review and discuss manufacturing information, modifications, adjustments, and progress of work relating to the design and manufacture of equipment .
- You will provide guidance to and assist and train less experienced drafters in all aspects of mechanical drafting; recommend technical methods or approaches for these personnel in order to increase their overall quality, timeliness, and productivity.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.