Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 26, 2018
Organization: Colombo Energy
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Dependent upon skills and experience.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Two-year technical degree in mechanical technology or related discipline
Five to seven years of industrial maintenance experience
Knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience with SAP Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Experience with basic function and operation of gear boxes, ball and roller bearings, mechanical seals, mechanical pumps, mechanical couplings, drive shafts, and various types of drive belts.
- Experience with drilling and tapping various metals.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with little or no supervision
- Ability to be part of a multifunctional/multi-skilled maintenance team with a willingness to work as required by production priorities
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining all of the mechanical equipment used in the pellet manufacturing process -- from the wood yard to the rail yard.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair potential or existing problems with mechanical equipment. Types of equipment include: a variety of conveyors, debarker, chipper, stacker reclaimer, dryer, furnace, hammer mills, pellet mills, fire equipment, and compressors.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance (PM) tasks on all mechanical equipment.
- Utilize SAP to address work orders, perform required work, confirm labor hours, and enter equipment and parts usage history.
- Assist in other equipment repairs and installations as needed. Troubleshoot mechanical failures and correct those failures
200 Colombo Drive
Greenwood, SC 29646