Night/Weekend Municipal Court Judge
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 9, 2015
Organization: City of Fountain Inn
City: Fountain Inn
Website: View Website
? The Night/Weekend Municipal Court Judge should possess a Juris Doctor degree or similar degree from a law school accredited by the American Bar Association or demonstrates significant magistrate/municipal court experience.
? If the Night/Weekend Municipal Court Judge is an attorney he/she must be a licensed attorney and in good standing with the South Carolina Supreme Court.
? The Night/Weekend Municipal Court Judge should have a minimum of three years experience as a practicing attorney handling criminal cases or demonstrable magistrate/municipal court experience.
? The Night/Weekend Municipal Court Judge must possess (or can obtain) licensure through the South Carolina Court Administration. The City does NOT offer payment or reimbursement for the cost for an offeror to obtain the required licensure.
The following is brief description of duties, but not limited to:
1) Works subject to the direction and the authority of the Municipal Court Judge.
2) Available to Police Department to answer questions regarding judicial/court issues.
3) Signing of Arrest Warrants, Search Warrants and commitments and releases.
4) Setting bonds; hearing arraignments.
5) Stays informed about the law and changes in the law with regard to the Municipal Court.
6) Able to conduct bench (non-jury trials; ?traffic court?) when and if requested.
7) Must be bondable.