Operations Technician I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 5, 2020
Organization: Colgate Palmolive
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
• Must be able to work any shift, weekends and mandatory overtime as needed.
- Proficient with computers, software, and data processing
- Demonstrated competency attention to detail, work standards, initiative and managing work
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, bend to 90 degrees
• One or more years previous working experience in a team based manufacturing environment
• GMP and consumer goods manufacturing experience
• Technical college/vocational school certificate or Associates degree in related field
• Demonstrated competency in problem-solving/decision making, effective communication, results-oriented, and job fit motivation
The Operations Technician I is responsible for the effective operation, changeover, and minor autonomous/preventive maintenance of production equipment and processes. The primary responsibilities of the role include safety and environmental compliance, quality procedures, daily production, cleaning and sanitation procedures, equipment maintenance procedures, data collection, housekeeping, problem-solving and continuous improvement as part of a work team.
The Operations Technician I, works within a structure that requires considerable interaction with others in the same production unit as well as other production units and support functions.
Principle responsibilities for this position are:
• Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EOHS requirements
• Understands and is accountable for following: all Quality, GMP, and cleaning standards and guidelines
• Operates, monitors, and performs changeovers of automated equipment through computer terminals, control panels and by manual means in the manufacturing of Colgate-Palmolive products
• Troubleshoots, performs minor maintenance and repairs on production equipment, supported by maintenance personnel as needed
Must be familiar with procedures for all equipment within their work area including, but not limited to, normal operations, quality inspections, safety procedures and safeguards, and lock out tag out (LOTO )
• Utilize SAP and other processes to confirm in-house availability of raw and packing materials for current and next runs. Know and understand the planned schedule to coordinate the upstream and downstream processes by working with others in planning, warehouse, and receiving and vendor representatives to ensure availability of materials
• Performs quality inspections and sampling for statistical process control activities throughout the manufacturing process
• Utilizes computer systems (SAP, Wonderware, OPERA, InBatch, etc.) and documentation to properly record production and quality related information
• Undertakes daily reporting and updates of information systems (SAP, Cycle Counts, OPERA, etc.) and updates the shopfloor communication boards upon request
- Performs raw materials receiving operations including SAP transactions, sampling and quality tests as per procedures in place
• Transfers raw materials and work-in-progress materials from the staging areas to the respective point of use according to the daily production schedule
• Executes quality tests on work-in-process materials and compares the result to the Key Release Specifications to define usage decision
• Performs raw materials pre-weigh activities during the work-in-process production cycle
• Performs cleaning activities of change parts, portable totes, pucks, etc. to ensure quality and operational requirements are met
• Performs materials cycle counts to verify process accuracy and yield
- Performs housekeeping activities as per established protocol and conducts/participates in area housekeeping assessments per requirement. Responsible for house-keeping of teamwork area and common area
• Accurately and thoroughly completes all regulatory and compliance related documentation and procedures.
• Stays abreast of team’s production performance via visual, written and verbal communications
• Participates in regular review of team production performance and Kaizen events and uses the information to drive continuous improvement
• Seek and apply Continuous Improvement tools and techniques to achieve team goals
• Shares knowledge and develops skills of others in the work team. Actively participate in continuous learning opportunities.
• Every team member has the responsibility to fully utilize our resources to optimize our productivity to contribute and meet the needs of our customers, businesses and each other.
• Additional duties as assigned
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.