A or B Lineman with CDL
Date Posted: May 11, 2022
Deadline: June 11, 2022
Organization: Southeast Power Corporation
Website: View Website
Qualified to work on energized or de-energized circuits as required without direct supervision. Allowed to work alone as well as direct the work of Class B Linemen in the air. A Class A Lineman may work aloft by himself or with other linemen or qualified apprentices. Minimum 3 years formal training, certificate of completion of formal training or 8 years on the job training.
- Able to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Work is performed outside and includes exposure to extreme cold, heat inclement weather & noise.
- Willing to work in various locations across the state/country and for extended periods, when required.
- Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
- Must be able to obtain a CDL class B within 90 days of hire
- Willing to submit and pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks in a safe and effective manner
- Ability to understand and communicate information and work in a team environment
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, dig, climb and reach
- Able to lift, carry and place heavy objects
- Must have acceptable MVR
- We participate in E-Verify
Required Physical Demands:
This role does require the physical ability to climb, bend stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, and repetitive motions.
As a journeyman lineman you will install, maintain and repair all transmission and distribution electrical systems and associated equipment, both overhead and underground, while utilizing line trucks, aerial booms, helicopters, ladders, lifts and wire pulling equipment. Maintenance of lines and services will require pole climbing, hot sticking, and working out of truck mounted buckets and lifts to construct, repair or maintain line equipment or string, splice and sag wire on live or dead circuits. Operate switches, cutouts and use grounding devices to work on de-energized lines and equipment. You may train and direct the work of a trainee in the trade.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified Individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions considering business necessity.
125 Best Dr
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.