Pallet Mill Operator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 11, 2020
Organization: Enviva Pallet
Website: View Website
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with heavy equipment operation
- A quick learner, ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Safely and efficiently performs all essential functions of the job
- Superior cognitive and systems knowledge to achieve production goals.
- Develop and maintain accurate written records.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal job instructions.
- Proficient in mathematics and measurement.
- Strong leadership abilities as demonstrated with past work experience or activities.
- Must be able to work in outdoor environments and occasionally in temperatures above 100 degrees and below 32 degrees
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Willing and able to work around moving equipment and machinery
- Willing and able to pull and lift, up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Enviva is looking for a Pellet Mill Operator that is responsible for all aspects of continuous operation of the mill, including safety, equipment operation, monitoring, machine set up and cleaning.
- Operate mobile equipment to include Volvo 180 wheel loader, Volvo 220 wheel loader with top clamp fork and caterpillar forest machine track loader.
- Inspect equipment daily.
- Perform basic maintenance to keep equipment in clean, good working order.
- Proficiency in maintaining the proper paperwork.
- Ability to operate the machine in a timely and safe manner.
- Ability to work 12 hour rotating shift schedule.
- Perform and document required inspections of equipment and maintain equipment in good condition
- Review work order specifications or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, extracting, forming, pressing and compacting materials to produce pellets.
- Adjust machine components to regulate speed, pressure and temperatures of machine, amount, dimensions and flow of materials and ingredients.
- Monitor machine operations and observes indicator lights and gauges, such as thermometers, voltage meters and timers to detect malfunctions.
- Perform/coordinate maintenance on equipment per job instructions.
- Perform/coordinate housekeeping to required standard.
- Maintain consistent production quality to required standard.
- Follow all workplace and job safety procedures.
- Complete accurate reporting as required.
- Communicate operational information as required.
- Enter maintenance work requests as applicable.
- Escalate issues promptly for proper resolution.
- Responsible for other duties assigned for the job.
200 Enviva Way
Greenwood, SC 29646
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.