Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 23, 2020
Organization: Department of Parks, Recreation &amp; Tourism
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary: $28,500.00
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with (1) year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
Ability to work a rotating schedule, to include day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law. Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Job Responsibilities
Assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the reponsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
- Assists with the administrative activities to include, but not limited to, receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and making payments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Assists with the operational activities to include supervising specific areas such as retail sales, day use areas, camping, cabins and other overnight accommodations or special use facilities.
- Provides a variety of office functions related to callers, correspondence, document file and retrieval system, etc.
- Performs continuous public relations activities and assists with educational and recreational programming.
- Provides assistance to and works to maintain a safe environment for park visitors, to include enforcement of park rules, regulations and policies within established limits and in accordance with Division policy.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair activities on buildings and grounds.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Hickory Knob State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically.
1205 Pendleton Street
Columbia, SC 29201
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.