Park Ranger I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 15, 2018
Organization: SC Dept. of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $23,992 annually
MINIMUM AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with one (1) year of park ranger experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
- Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
***Candidates MUST specifically meet these required qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.***
Please complete the State application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. A State application MUST be submitted electronically through the www.careers.sc.gov website.
Under general supervision, assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. May assume the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
- Assists with park administrative duties in accordance with Department guidelines and procedures and planning of long and short-term goals.
- Collect and account for revenue and produce required reports.
- Instruct, supervise and perform routine and preventative maintenance on grounds, buildings and equipment to meet established standards.
- Manages assigned specific operations to include public use areas, retail operations and facilities.
- Performs law enforcement activities within his/her authority and established policy. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Assists in control of inventories of equipment, supplies and retail items by issue, use and counts; completes data reports.
- Interprets the cultural and natural resources of the State Park Service to park visitors.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the SC State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.