Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: July 23, 2019
Organization: SCPRT, Calhoun Falls State Park
City: Calhoun Falls
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of general maintenance experience
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking, and standing on uneven terrain, crawling, and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents, and other materials and substances used in maintaining park facilities and grounds
- Ability to read and understand written procedures and directions; ability to perform simple arithmetic computations. Ability to operate a variety of power tools and motorized equipment.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
Performs duties requiring a basic level of skills necessary for maintenance and upkeep of state parks to include repair and construction of facilities, operation and repair of motorized equipment, groundskeeping and landscaping activities. Assists with the administration and the operation of a state park; assist park visitors.
- Performs basic facility and infrastucture maintenance, repairs and improvements and assists with more involved tasks and projects (including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, etc.).
- Performs basic grounds maintenance and improvements and assists with more involved tasks and projects (including groundskeeping, landscaping, etc.).
- Performs clean-up, janitorial and housekeeping activities.
- Performs maintenance and basic repairs on vehicles and motorized equipment.
- Assists in identifying maintenance needs, planning & scheduling maintenance activities, and maintaining applicable maintenance records.
- Assists with administrative and operational requirements.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the park and/or region, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
Actual Job Location: Calhoun Falls State Park.
Full-time, 40 hours per week rotating schedule including weekends and holidays.
Housing not provided.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
46 Maintenance Shop Rd
Calhoun Falls, SC 29628