Petroleum Testing Technician
Date Posted: April 18, 2022
Deadline: June 18, 2022
Organization: Bunnell-Lammons Engineering, Inc
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must have good electrical and mechanical aptitude; the ability to work and troubleshoot problems independently.
- Be able to learn, understand and implement State regulatory requirements
- Must have excellent communication skills - written and verbal; ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner with team members and clients.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems - email, scanning, Wi-Fi, etc.
- An eye for details, being thorough.
- A valid Driver's License and good driving record is required.
- Successful applicants must pass a drug screening test.
- A current HAZWOPER certification is a plus, but not required.
- You must be able to work with supervision and independently, maintain a good driving record
- Ability to bend, kneel and lift up to 70lbs; the ability to be on your feet all day
- Obtain UST system testing certifications and manufacturer certifications on various fueling equipment.
- Inspect and test UST equipment on facilities across the State.
- Great attitude receptive to change.
Bunnell Lammons Engineering (BLE) is looking for an Underground Storage Tank (UST) Testing Technician to join our growing UST Testing & Compliance division. This position would be expected to perform visual compliance surveys, testing, and minor repairs at petroleum retail facilities across the State of South Carolina. This position would be assigned a company service truck, laptop/iPad, and any hand/power tools needed to complete the required tasks.
- Perform annual and triennial testing requirements on UST facilities across the State, including but not limited to: Line Tightness Testing, Leak Detector Function Checks, Overfill Prevention Operability Checks, Release Detection Equipment Testing, Tank Tightness Testing, Sump Integrity Testing, Hydrostatic Spill Bucket Testing, Etc.
- Identify and diagnose issues with UST equipment through visual inspection and testing.
- Attend training classes, both in person and online, to test for required certifications.
- Completion and submittal of daily testing documents and/or inspection logs.
- Drive company work truck to client job sites, up to 250 miles or more per day.
- Out of town travel and stays are required. Travel up to 75%.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Greenville , SC 29615
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.