PLC FIELD ENGINEER I
Date Posted: November 10, 2021
Deadline: December 31, 2021
Organization: KNAPP Inc.
City: Kennesaw, GA
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
WHO YOU ARE
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering field
- Basic knowledge of PLC programming control systems (Siemens or Allen Bradley)
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems
- Knowledge of computer systems and Windows
- Physical requirement may include sitting, stooping, bending, visual acuity, finger dexterity, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Travel is required as follows:
- 60 – 80% travel if traveling to the customer site or 20% travel or less if relocating or local to the customer site
- Mandatory training at our training facility in Kennesaw, Georgia is required during your first 4-6 months of employment
WHO WE ARE
At KNAPP (pronounced KaNop, not Nap!) "We Make Complexity Simple" by using cutting-edge technologies to deliver groundbreaking solutions for our clients. By leveraging the latest software, AI, and Robotics technology we are disrupting the logistics automation industry. We work with the world’s industry leaders in grocery, healthcare, retail, e-commerce, apparel & manufacturing.
We are a global company with our US headquarters right outside of Atlanta, GA. We specialize in dock-to-dock automation of the supply chain process for both B2B (Business to Business) and B2C (Business to Consumer.) With over 4,000 people in our group worldwide we are different than most other supply chain automation companies in that over 25% of our solutions are software-based. We also reinvest 7% of our revenues in R&D ensuring a strong and vibrant future! Come help us change the world! For more information, visit www.knapp.com.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Preparation of projects in the office
- Creation of the system control PLC program
- Installation, configuration, and commissioning of the system on-site
- Handling of system component and system overall performance tests
- Support of the PLC development department if new products or stations are developed
- Testing and function verification of electrical control cabinets
- Verification and acceptance testing of pre-assembled stations and machines
- Electrical installation and support, if requested or necessary
- Troubleshooting of electrical issues on-site
- Creation and correction of electrical schematics of the installation based on the final installation on-site
- Training of Customer and on-site maintenance personnel
- Training of new PLC Field Engineers in office and on-site
- On-site customer service (hotline) support
- Daily coordination of daily job duties/tasks on-site with all involved teams of the project and Customer
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- A beautiful new, state-of-the-art, office complex in Kennesaw, GA
- Industry competitive compensation
- Great benefits with better than average employer contributions, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short- & Long-Term Disability and more!
- 401k with a very generous employer match and no vesting!
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Profit Sharing
- Subsidized food delivery when in the office
- Monthly celebrations
- Quarterly employee events
- Corporate Social Responsibility including recycling, sustainability and volunteering
2124 Barrett Park Dr.
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.