Plywood Production Trainee
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: June 5, 2020
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting pay for this position is $15.00 per hour.
- Must have one of the following types of work experience:
- minimum of six (6) months’ work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment; OR
- minimum of six (6) months’ of mechanical technical schooling or training; OR
- minimum of three (3) months’ of experience in a wood products manufacturing environment.
Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs routinely
Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
Willing and able to work in a hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
What Will Put You Ahead?
- High School Diploma or higher
One (1) or more years of manufacturing experience
Experience driving and operating a forklift
Experience working in lumber or wood products
Experience troubleshooting equipment
Georgia-Pacific is seeking Plywood Production Trainees at our plywood mill in Prosperity, SC. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. Production Associates are utilized in a general laborer capacity with opportunities for advancement. As a Production Associate, you will support machine operators and learn how to run the green end, dryer, glue line and finishing machines.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
Using blowers, shovels, and pitch forks to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment for all employees
Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees’ breaks and vacations
Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures while proactively seeking out potential safety hazards
- Assisting team members throughout the mill as needed during the production of plywood
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.