Date Posted: October 4, 2021
Deadline: October 30, 2021
Organization: Greenville Spartanburg Airport
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High School Diploma or GED, required; Associate’s Degree or above, preferred.
- Two (2) years of recent law enforcement experience required.
- Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated proficiency in law enforcement job knowledge and practice.
- Have the ability to discharge a firearm without undue risk to airport employees, tenants, and the public, and comply with department firearm standards.
- Demonstrate proficient operation of a police vehicle.
- Have the ability to operate an emergency vehicle and vehicle radio equipment at the same time.
- Maintain good customer service skills when dealing with tenants and the general public.
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including, but not limited to, skills in Microsoft Office products.
- This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Successfully complete the department’s field training program.
- None at this time.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be certified by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Training Council or meet the minimum requirements for entry into the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
- Successfully complete the requirements of the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy pre-hire testing which include psychological profile, Police Officers selection test, Polygraph Exam, physical, drug and alcohol screening, and the field training program.
- Latitude/Independent Judgment/Accuracy
- Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
- Responsible for own work but must coordinate work with others.
- This position requires the ability to maintain control and good public relations under all conditions.
- Environment: Reactive emergency, natural or man-made disaster, and routine peace keeping environments with travel throughout the District. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions; occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration; potentially hostile environments; extensive public contact. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be very loud due to sirens, firearm training, aircraft, etc. Incumbents required to work various shifts, including evenings and weekends, rotating shifts, holidays, etc., and may be required to travel outside District boundaries to attend meetings, training, etc. Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours. May be subject to disruptive/hostile persons from the general public, to include passengers, tenants, etc.
- Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability to work in a law enforcement setting and an office setting; restrain or subdue individuals; walk, stand, sit, or run for prolonged periods of time; occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; occasionally climb and balance; regularly push, pull, lift, and/or carry light to moderate weights; frequently lift and/or move moderate to heavy weights; occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights; operate office equipment including use of computer keyboard; requires a sense of touch, finger dexterity, and gripping with hands and fingers; ability to speak and hear to exchange information; ability to operate a vehicle to travel to various locations; ability to operate and use specialized law enforcement tools and equipment including guns and handcuffs.
- Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
- Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Other: To perform police tasks without undue effort or injury, the officer must comply with the minimal physical fitness performance requirements as established by the District and the District’s approved medical provider.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background investigation, drug screening, and physical examination as per Federal, State and GSP Airport District requirements.
This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties and tasks related to customer service and maintaining a secure and orderly environment and protection of the Airport District. This position serves as a uniformed law enforcement representative of the District, performing all duties commensurate to this responsibility. Enforces all applicable laws, regulations and procedures, to include, issuing warnings, citations, and making arrests as required. Performs both preventive foot and vehicle patrols of Airport District facilities and grounds. Administers first aid as required.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
Police Officer Assignment:
- Routinely assigned to police patrol shift.
- Performs and enforces traffic control and parking rules.
- Investigates crimes, accidents and suspicious activity on the airport property.
- Prepares incident, booking, and accident reports.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies, writes state summons, and attends court when required.
- Assists the general public, performs lockout, escort, and protective services as directed.
- Assists with the enforcement of the Airport Security Plan and Airport Emergency Plan requirements.
- Operates a police vehicle on patrol, non-emergency response, emergency response, or pursuit for the apprehension of suspects.
- Must qualify annually with duty weapon or as prescribed by an approved Academy firearms instructor program. Duty weapon proficiency is to be maintained above eighty percent (80%).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
2000 GSP Dr.
Greer, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.