Power Engineering Technologist I
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Organization: Pike Engineeering
Location: Greenville Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
1. REGULAR ATTENDANCE is required
. 2. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Preferred Associates degree (AA or equivalent from two-year college or technical school).
Note: In certain situations, an Associate Degree or 4 year degree may be required based upon client project or contractual requirements.
Minimum Required -High school degree or GED 0-1 Year(s)
Experience in power distribution engineering or craft or GIS/CAD work
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A ON-THE-JOB TRAINING: A combination of job shadowing, classroom and interaction with more experienced employees as needed during first year in the position.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: A. Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operational procedures, etc. B. Ability to write simple correspondence. C. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or the business community If Other; explain Ability to effectively communicate information in one-on one and small group situations.
1.Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
2.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret spread sheets.
3.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: (A. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. B. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Self-motivated, savvy, reliable, trustworthy, as well as technically competent. • Demonstrated team player.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills.
• Demonstrated time management skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based on applications.
• Ability to constructively manage multiple tasks.
• Possess valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement may apply).
• Ability to participate in storm restoration activities as a “Driver”, “Wire Down Sitter” or “Clerk” if needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical activities
• Stand Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Walk Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
• Sit 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Talk or Hear 2/3 and more (Regularly)
• Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 2/3 and more (Regularly) • Climb or balance Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Taste or Smell None
This is an entry level position of the Engineering Technologist staff. The purpose of this position is to apply technical skills to accurately evaluate options and design safe, cost effective and reliable design of facilities for residential, commercial and industrial projects. Incumbents are expected to demonstrate a basic knowledge of client/customer design and workflow processes/procedures, data entry and technical skills in the client’s specific areas of expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: With the support of direct supervision and mentoring, the incumbent is responsible to carrying out the following duties:
•Learn, practice and promote ALL safety policies and procedures 100% of the time.
•Demonstrate the ability to properly apply various codes, requirements, regulations, policies and procedures to all assigned work
. •Develop skills to safely make job-site visits and interact with construction personnel.
•Develop and demonstrate ability to use the various design software and work management tools utilized by the company and client(s).
*Prepare project and job packages that include material lists, requisitions, labor estimates, site drawings and construction drawings for various installations of electrical facilities in a cost-effective manner that maximizes safety and service reliability.
•Develop skills to accurately evaluate loading on distribution equipment such as transformers & fusing.
•Demonstrate the ability to learn utility construction practices on public right of way (ROW) and private land.
•Regularly communicate job status to assure client expectations and deliverable dates are met Develop relationships with key internal and external customers while supporting both company and client’s business goals and expectations while representing themselves both positively and professionally. Maintain files and records in an organized manner. Mentor under experienced personnel, supervision, management and PE
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Generally routine, established precedents; practices and procedures exist.
RELATIONSHIP OUTSIDE WORK GROUP: Exchange of information, which occasionally requires tact and/or diplomacy.
288 Fairforest Way
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.