Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 20, 2018
City: Aiken, SC
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- One of the combinations of education and related experience listed in Forestry, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Agriculture Engineering, Soil Science or Agronomy: Bachelor's degree or higher, or Associate's degree and related work experience.
- Mechanical/Heating-Air/Fabrication skills a plus
- Operate personal computers in the Microsoft Windows environment with Microsoft Office software.
- Basic forklift, tractor or other heavy equipment operation skills.
- Ability to safely lift up to 55 pounds.
- Willing to abide by safety standards.
- Team leadership experience.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Flow to work mind-set.
- Analytical, problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Respects others and is able to work in a diverse team environment (Teaming).
- Math skills - Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions
- Ability to resolve conflict in a "win-win"' manner.
- Valid driver's license.
- Willing to work weekend and holidays as required to meet business needs.
This position is a part of Southern Regeneration segment within Southern Timberlands and reports to the Nursery Manager. This is a full-time, salaried non-exempt position.
Member of a core team accountable for the pine seedling production within the Southern Regeneration business at the Aiken Nursery in Aiken, SC. Team members rotate between activity leadership and team production accountabilities.
Member of facility team with the following accountabilities: Leadership of key safety and/or environmental stewardship activities for the operating geography (i.e., hearing conservation, hazard communication, etc.). Activity leadership in bare-root seedling nursery to achieve plan goals including tactical planning, resource allocation and coordination (people, equipment, etc.), process and cost measurement, analysis and improvement to deliver customer and shareholder satisfaction.