Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: January 29, 2021
Organization: Georgia Pacific
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) Year of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
- Must have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other PC-based production reporting systems applications
- Must be able and willing to work rotating shifts
- Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
What Will Put You Ahead
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment
- Experience in a wood products manufacturing environment
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a (Dry End) Production Supervisor in our lumber mill in Prosperity, SC. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for leading a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for supervising and coordinating production efforts that result in sustained improvement in all associated work processes including: Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) compliance, reliability, quality, production, and costs.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Lead an operational team in the production of solid wood lumber products in a safe and efficient manner and to take ownership of the existing safety and quality processes.
- Facilitate team development and communication, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable.
- Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards.
- Monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize efficiency.
- Promote employee involvement, providing coaching, feedback and direction as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting production issues.
- Provide safety training to crew members and deliver training materials in a meaningful approach.
- Provide coaching and performance management.
- Complete data entry responsibilities and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Team size may range from 10-20 members. This position works rotating shifts.
191 Georgia Pacific Blvd
Prosperity, SC 29127
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.