Refrigeration Mechanic Mini Night Shift
Date Posted: June 20, 2022
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Organization: Kraft Heinz
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits & Compensation Overview: Medical, Dental, Vision (HSA) Health Savings Account Newberry Employee Store $31.15 per hour which includes a night shift premium Non Union (Bonus/FOIP) Field Operations Incentive Plant.
Stable work history
Must have the ability to respond to plant calls relating to refrigeration system processing deficiencies. Perform analysis of equipment operation and production methods to determine problem. Develop and implement solution to return to proper operation condition.
- Develop and implement solutions to reduce and eliminate reoccurring problems in a systematic manner.
- Investigate plans and execute maintenance work requests in a timely and cost-effective manner. Scope of work includes but is not limited to repair- alteration and design of thermal- electrical- mechanical- pneumatic- hydraulic- chemical and biological systems.
- Consult with plant personnel regarding the required or suggested equipment and facility repair and alteration.
- Prepare mechanical work requests to repair equipment- building and support facilities.
- Prepare purchase requisitions to procure needed materials for the completion of work requests.
- Consults with vendors to procure mechanical supplies- troubleshoot equipment problems and improve plant processes.
- Prepare material disbursement requisitions and timecards to accurately document costs for the completion of mechanical work requests.
- Plan and execute preventative maintenance work requests. Update existing and write new preventative maintenance routines to effectively improve equipment reliability.
- Perform daily operational checks on refrigeration and steam generation equipment.
- Perform daily checks on cooler temperatures to ensure compliance with plant program.
- Perform daily inspection of plant fire protection and compressed air systems.
- Monitor usage of plant water- gas and electricity.
- Actively participate in the PSM process and project teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
An associate Degree in Refrigeration (preferred) or 2 years’ experience in Industrial Refrigeration and maintenance experience that will give the individual a well-rounded understanding of the specialized job knowledge as outlined below.
Mechanics will spend the majority of their shift (8-12 hours) on their feet. They must service equipment in the plant- on the grounds- and in support buildings. This covers an area over 50 acres. This necessitates a great deal of walking on wet/slippery floors- and working on concrete / asphalt surfaces. Mechanics are expected to wear tool pouches on their waist while working (approximately 15 pounds).
Mechanics must climb on- over- under or through equipment- catwalks- railings- utility runs- small access doors- etc. Mechanics work in tight spaces under or between equipment- in crawl spaces above the ceiling and inside “confined spaces”. While in these areas- they must lift- lower or support equipment- as well as exert significant force on hand tools. Work performed in tight squatting and lifting with the legs rather than the back.
Work performed in dusty and or smoky environments (such as grinding or welding galvanized metal) will require the use of mask or respirator. Temperatures will range from -30º F to 100º F. Humidity levels will reach 100% during sanitation.
Special Job Knowledge:
Performance of job requires good verbal and written communication skills- algebraic and geometric math skills and a thorough understanding of mechanical procedures as related to maintenance applications including but not limited to:
- HVAC Environment Systems
- Steam Generation Systems
- Mechanical Power Transmission
- Electrical Power Distribution
- Electrical Control Systems
- Basic Electronic Principals
- Hydraulic Controls and Power Distribution
- Pneumatic Controls and Power Distribution
Kraft Heinz is currently seeking candidates wanting to work in a team environment in the Newberry operation. Successful candidates are willing to contribute improvement ideas and suggestions to help continue the success of the plant.
The ideal candidate must be responsible for troubleshooting- maintenance- and repair of plant refrigeration and steam generation equipment- building and supporting facilities. Involvement in the planning and execution of installation- alteration and modification of existing and new equipment. Must be able to work mini night shift hours beginning as early as 6:30pm in 12-hour intervals with potential overtime. Starting pay is $31.15 p/h.- which includes a night shift premium
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced- multifaceted environment and meet defined physical activities.
- Must be able to work in a turkey slaughter environment.
- Must perform general production duties in a food and manufacturing environment following strict safety and product quality standards.
- Must handle Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
3704 Louis Rich Rd
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.