Solutions Field Service Representative (Boston, MA)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 21, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- An Associates Degree is preferred.
- One to three years of previous residential/commercial construction or Customer Service experience would be beneficial.
- A Contractor’s License is preferred.
- Working knowledge of building requirements and OSHA Regulations.
- The ability to read blue prints would be helpful.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good time-management and task prioritization abilities.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers and mobile devices including Apple products, Microsoft Office and internet.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Project a positive and professional image.
- Overall good work, attendance and safety record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with no major moving traffic violations.
- Must be able to lift, set-up and climb up to a 40’ ladder.
- Must be able to work on residential and commercial roofs.
- Must be able to lift/climb/stoop with weights in excess of 125 lbs.
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position.
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job.
The primary purposes of this position are to service and/or repair VELUX products for homeowners and contractors that are covered under the VELUX warranty. This position will also consult with homeowners and contractors on non-warranty issues and will be responsible for charging for non-warranty service work and promoting the sale and installation of blinds and controls, Sun Tunnel and skylight replacements.
- Scheduling of service calls.
- Trouble shooting skylight installations.
- Presenting additional service and installation opportunities during service call visits.
- Servicing and repairing VELUX products that are covered under warranty.
- Communicating to homeowners and/or contractors on non-warranty issues.
- Uploading, completing and downloading service calls from the Service Registration System.
- Daily management of service van inventory. This includes conducting a monthly van inventory.
- Collecting and handling of payments for services rendered, including calculating local sales tax.
- Submitting invoices and customer payments.
- Work and promote VELUX Solutions Services at annual homeshows.
- Assisting in the implementation of new Solutions program.
450 Old Brickyard Rd
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.