Terminal Loader - Rail Operations
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: March 8, 2021
Organization: Kinder Morgan
Location: Laurens Other
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to understand and comply with all requirements for any emergency
- Must be able to understand and comply with the Verification Policy, when applicable
- Experience using hand tools required
- Experience performing Level One Maintenance on equipment required
- Must be able to take direction / supervision and work cooperatively with other people
- Experience operating mobile equipment (tractor, golf cart) pumps, preferred
- Hazmat and rail yard experience a plus
- Basic math skills
- Basic competency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook ) preferred
- Must be able to climb up and down rail cars, trailers and trucks
- Must be able to lift industrial hoses repeatedly throughout the workday and up to 75 lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to sweep shovel, use hand tools (i.e., wrenches, measuring tapes, seal cutters) and open and close rail cars
- Must be able to wear KMST supplied Personal Protective Equipment as required
- Will be required to work outside in all types of weather throughout the year
- Must be able to work extended hours, overtime, or flexible schedule as needed
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Must hold a valid drivers license and capable of being insured for our drivers policy.
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America and we are hiring! Our vision is to deliver energy to improve lives and create a better world. The energy we transport helps power homes and businesses and fuels cars and airplanes from coast to coast – a feat that would not be possible without our extraordinary people. We have approximately 11,000 employees who power Kinder Morgan and we are looking to add even more innovative, passionate individuals to our team. We own an interest in or operate approximately 83,000 miles of pipelines and 147 terminals. For more information please visit www.kindermorgan.com.
This position is located at the Kinder Morgan Southeast Terminals facility in Belton, SC.
Terminal Loader Position: Performs transfers of hazardous and non-hazardous petroleum and petroleum related products in compliance with training provided in accordance with KMST work instructions and government regulations (EPA, FRA and OSHA).
- Climb on to top of railcars in order to inspect and off load railcars using a checklist.
- Inspect and seal trailers Inspect equipment using checklists Operate small tractors to move equipment.
- Drive golf cart through facility.
- Operate small powered equipment, as necessary Perform level one maintenance (including, but not limited to changing oil, starters, batteries, hoses) Perform structural inspections Perform mechanical inspections using checklists.
- Prepare products for transferring, such as heating and sampling.
- Perform all duties safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Participate in daily Safety / Qualitytalks.
- Report all incidents and near misses.
- Understand and comply with customer service Etiquette procedures when needed.
- Understand and comply with Shipper Confidentiality when discussing Shipper Accounts.
- Perform all daily housekeeping duties to include bathrooms, windows, sweeping, mopping, trash pick-up, weed control, mowing grass, washing equipment / accessories, shoveling, drains, break rooms and shop areas.
- Ask questions concerning product integrity, product shortages or equipment quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
1000 Windward Concourse Suite 450
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.