Trade Compliance Coordinator
Date Posted: May 25, 2022
Deadline: June 25, 2022
Organization: FN America, LLC
Website: View Website
High school diploma required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Four years of combined higher education and/or experience in administrative function with preference given to experience with trade compliance.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skill requirements include:
- Excellent analytical abilities, judgment, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Strong data entry skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Office automation (scanner, copier, etc.)
Candidate will be required to attend, at a minimum, one internal or external ITAR/Commerce or ATF related training seminar annually.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required. May be exposed to loud noises, toxic chemicals, and dangerous machinery when on the plant floor.
The Trade Compliance Coordinator is responsible for various areas of trade compliance including recordkeeping in accordance with State Department, Commerce Department, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives (ATF) guidelines and assisting the trade compliance team with license application preparation for submission to government agencies. The Trade Compliance Coordinator will also collaborate with the trade compliance team to determine product classifications for import and export activities and maintain up-to-date trade compliance spreadsheets for internal and external customer status review and action.
- Assists in preparation of ATF registrations, transfers, and multi-agency export and import license documentation.
- Maintains internal and external customer generated spreadsheets.
- Monitors status and provides updates for all electronic license application submissions.
- Researches and analyzes product characteristics for appropriate U.S. Customs Harmonize Tariff (HTS) and export commodity classifications.
- Performs recordkeeping, maintenance, and audit of trade compliance files in accordance with State Department, ATF, Commerce Department, US Customs, and FN America record retention guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
797 Old Clemson Rd
Columbia, SC 29229
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.