Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: October 31, 2017
Organization: International Paper
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Starting pay is $13.71/ hour (if Performance permits will raise to 16.80-17.68/hr. after 60 day probation).25/hr. differential for 2nd and 3rd shift. Full Benefit Package
Moderate to heavy lifting and frequent bending
Utility Persons fill in throughout the Converting or Corrugator departments in entry level positions.
- Works at the direction of the operator.
- Obtains required waste dunnage for top and bottom protector sheets for units.
- Obtains required load tags for correct order identification.
- Makes ready the load former for production run.
- Assist helper and operator in house cleaning work.
- Assist in clearing machine jams when necessary.
- Completes Helper?s duties when appropriate or instructed to do so.
- Performs the "Top Box per Unit" quality check by folding up a box in the open position and checking for quality defects such as; glue joint, print quality, correct folding of all scores, and quality of board.
- Responsible to the department supervisor for the quality and quantity of work produced.
- Operates the control panel for the down stacker.
- Makes designated quality checks on all orders including checks for multiple outs.
- Reports any non-conforming spec. to the Knife Operator.
- Discards any waste generated from paper changes as well as any defects observed throughout the run.
- Moves plastic tubes into place to receive stacks of sheets.
- Properly marks each stack of sheets with the correct identification.
- Releases loads for the stock handler.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- Reports any safety hazards and unsafe acts to the department supervisor.