Date Posted: June 17, 2021
Deadline: September 1, 2021
Organization: Diana Pet Food
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: SALARY: From $17.50/hourly Sign-on bonus of $2,500.00 (paid in two payments) BENEFITS: Diana Pet Food offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, long and short term benefits. Holiday pay, vacation and personal time paid time off.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Be able to follow safety rules, standard operation procedures, and polices
- Demonstrate effective communication
- Time/priority management and organization
- Achieve assigned tasks with pride and sense of accomplishment
- Demonstrates clear understanding and ability to perform the assigned job duties in an effective manner
- Basic computers skills
- Be able to walk and exercise dogs and interact with cats.
- Be able lift up to 50 lbs and work in outdoor weather conditions.
The Panelis Veterinary Technician is primarily responsible for coordinating treatment plans for the animals and veterinary related activities, ensuring animal health related activities and veterinary treatments are performed according to veterinarian expectation and instructions. Performing palatability trials, animal husbandry, animal well-being activities, and facility upkeep is also part of the role.
• Perform palatability test procedures in accordance with established schedules, procedures, and instructions in a manner that ensures reliable results are obtained.
• Accurately record data and manage testing software as required.
• Record abnormal observations related to equipment, animals, and facility and notify appropriate individual(s) of the observations.
• Perform procedures as indicated in the husbandry protocol documents and as required by the Panelis supervisor.
• Help maintain the interior and exterior of the animal facility, as necessary.
• Clean, spot clean and sanitize animal rooms, pens, trays, and equipment, to keep animals clean and comfortable.
• Control and restock supplies as needed, including drugs, vaccines and other veterinary supplies.
• Administer veterinary treatments and follow up as prescribed performing routine preventative and veterinary technical procedures.
• Maintain animal veterinary medical records such as but not limited to arrivals/departures, treatments, diagnostics and behavior issues.
• Observe animals daily for indication of clinical illness and report as necessary.
• Ensure animals are fed on time on a daily basis (whether or not on official test).
• Ensure well-being and socialization activities are performed as scheduled.
• Train junior veterinary technicians in routine and technical procedures.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE / EQUIPMENT UPKEEP
Assist with troubleshooting and resolving issues with the automatic feeding system in the catteries.
5300 Hwy 25 N
Hodges, SC 29653
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.