Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: February 28, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $14.26 - $24.35 per hour Depends on certifications and experience
Prefer Level ‘B’ Certified Operator or higher. The Water Treatment Operations Technology Operator is responsible for the technical work in the operation of the water treatment plant. Work involves performing the necessary adjustments, maintenance, and testing to ensure that the water treatment plant produces and adequate quality and quantity of water for its service area. The position will collaborate with team members on other projects and in the development of procedures and the transfer of knowledge regarding water quality systems within a cutting-edge water treatment plant.
The Water Treatment Operations Technology Operator is accountable for the following:
- Competent application of plant systems; monitors and adjusts flow rates and chemical dosages to maintain the necessary amount and quality of water to meet customer demand and fire protection.
- Inspects all areas of plant for proper operation.
- Performs chemical operations, testing and diagnoses throughout plant operations.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment; coordinates with immediate supervisor for service calls when repairs are beyond capabilities.
- Performs required safety inspections; maintains accurate safety records.
- Coordinates utility outage or problem calls after hours; dispatches when disruptions occur during nights, weekends, or holidays.
- Complies with all Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements.
- Prepares and/or processes various records and reports such as water use reports, laboratory reports, work orders, maintenance checks, and safety checklists.
- Refers routinely to MSDS, equipment manuals, drinking water regulations, operation manual, operator daily log, policy and procedure manuals, codes / laws / regulations, publications and reference texts, etc.
- Competent and fluent use of a variety of tools, supplies and related technology computer software.
- May be subject to twenty-four-hour call.
- Maintain server and application inventory and manage and maintain corresponding licenses.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with 3 to 4 years of experience in water plant operations; bachelor’s degree highly desirable.
- If not certified operator, must be able to pass certification to ‘D’ level operator with in first year of employment
- Work History which provides the required skills, knowledge, certifications and abilities.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule to include rotating weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to operate the plant under any conditions due to loss of automatic control or other emergency or non-routine situations.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid SC driver’s license.