Water Sewer Crewmember
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 2, 2019
Organization: City of Newberry
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $15.58/hour - $15.89/hour
- High school diploma or GED supplemented by one (1) year of field experience.
- CDL Class-A; or ability to attain within 6 months of hire date.
- Must have the ability to attain Level ‘D’ certification within reasonable timeframe, as well as ability to reach ‘C’, ‘B’ and ‘A’ level Certifications as designated by Utilities Director and Crew Foreman.
- Residency requirement: employee must live within 20 minutes of principle work location in Newberry.
- Subject to standby duty and twenty-four-hour call back.
- SC Driver’s License
General Job Summary:
In this position, the employee is training to learn and understand the requirements that are necessary for effective and efficient operation and repair to the City’s water distribution and sewer collection systems. Work involves the all duties necessary for proper and efficient operation as well as operating heavy equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in operating backhoes, trenchers, front end loaders, boom trucks, dump truck, boring machines, tapping machines, meters, fire hydrants, or similar equipment, material, and supplies.
- Assists with installation, maintenance, and service of water and sewer taps. Assists with maintenance and construction of water and sewer lines and appurtenances. Assists with installation, maintenance and flushing of fire hydrants.
- Checks and performs preventative maintenance of water/sewer vehicles and equipment as required. Removes or replenishes worksite materials; restocks trucks.
- Operates tools and equipment and materials to include: backhoe, commercial dump truck, non-commercial dump truck, sewer cleaner, hydraulic pumps, saws, jackhammer, etc. Tools such as cut off saw, plumbing tools, pipe wrenches, mechanic tools, ratchets, hand tools, etc.
Must be willing to work on call and OT as needed.
1330 College Street
Newberry, SC 29108