Welder - 2nd Shift
Date Posted: May 11, 2021
Deadline: June 30, 2021
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Certification in welding from an accredited technical school or third party accredited source that provides a validated certification according to AWS D1.3 standard OR contingent welding certificate completion by Fall 2021 from an accredited technical school.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in sheet metal fabrication including experience with standard punch and bend tooling and processes.
- Previous experience reading blueprints, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, and/or operating instructions.
- Previous experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers)
- Previous experience with ERP systems including DMM and AS-400.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Welder- 2nd Shift to join our team (Shift premium included). This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: This is located at the Highway 72 facility.
In the Production Associate Welder role, you will set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (steel, aluminum, and cast metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding equipment.
This position is located on our 2nd Shift. The core working hours are Monday through Friday 3:00pm – 11:00pm.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Contribute to a safe, engaged and inclusive work culture by complying with all policies, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment, and performing 5S duties.
- Maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate concerns appropriately.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral or written instructions or prototypes.
- Weld parts using proper machine settings and rod or wire and gas selections as well as fabricate fixtures to aid in the welding process.
- Manually locate details on complex assemblies in welding sequence for a variety of non-repetitive structural assembly fabrication, with or without fixtures.
- Be responsible for quality, including measuring finished parts with tape measure and/or calipers, visual inspections of material, identifying nonconforming parts, and troubleshooting errors.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use day one, Paid holidays, Shift premium, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
2210 highway 72/221 east
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.