Piedmont Technical College’s Training Center supports the AHA's mission and goals through administrative, educational, and quality assurance support of the AHA Instructor members.
Mission and Goals
The American Heart Association's mission is to reduce disability and death from cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Steps toward achieving this goal include:
- Improving the chain of survival and acute care treatment
- Enhancing prevention and disease management
- Generating the resources to achieve the goal by increasing the number of instructors, providers, revenue, partnerships, training materials, and programs.
Our Training Center supports this mission and purpose through the provision of quality AHA classes to healthcare professionals and the community and by educating and informing the AHA Instructors on new skills or AHA programs.
Training Center Functions
This Training Center is responsible for the administration and quality assurance of Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) courses.
Our functions will include:
- Serving as liaison to the American Heart Association
- Implementing AHA ECC Science and education in the community
- Administering ECC training networks for the Piedmont Tech 7-county service area
- Course Approval
- Site Approval and monitoring
- Conduct AHA Courses
- Maintaining and managing the Instructor database
- Maintaining and managing course record database
- Quality assurance of AHA educational courses
- Serving as regional resource for AHA instructors
- Conducting Instructor Updates
- Issue Course Completion and Instructor Cards
- Participating in AHA studies
- Instructor Roster for All Courses
- Required Paperwork
- Instructor Agreement
- Decontamination Policy
- Dispute Policy
- Quality Assurance Policy
- Training Center Policies and Regulations
- BLS Adult CPR and AED Skills Test Guidelines
- BLS Infant CPR and BLS Skills Test Guidelines
- Heartsaver Adult CPR/AED Skill Sheet Guidelines
- Heartsaver First Aid Skill Sheet Guidelines
- Heartsavers Child CPR Skills Test Guidelines
- Heartsavers Infant CPR Skills Test Guidelines
- Course Evaluation
- Rental Form
Program Manager, Healthcare