019845 Instructor: Welding
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: November 26, 2014
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: Salary commensurate with experience within state guidelines
High school diploma or GED, a diploma or certificate in welding, three full years of work experience and demonstrated competencies in welding; OR High school diploma or GED and two full years working in a welding discipline to include welding and metal fabrication; AND must be current in welding procedures (certified according to ASME Section IX) or NCCER certification with the ability to pass a pipe welding test appropriate for classes being taught.
An Associate degree in welding or related discipline and NCCER certified Welding Instructor and two full years of work experience and demonstrated competencies in welding and the teaching discipline.
- Knowledgeable of all facets of welding to include blueprint reading, basic metallurgy, heat treating, basic math, and metrics.
- Have the patience and temperament to provide instruction to students of all ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and be able to perform in a smoky/dusty work environment.
- Have eyesight 20/30 with or without corrected lens.
- Basic computer competency to include Microsoft Office Software.
In this challenging position, you will support the Welding department at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
-Teach and train welders according to the Catalog of Approved Courses (CAC) guidelines, the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Contren Learning Series, and nationally recognized welding codes and procedures.
- Conduct written and hands-on tests honestly and fairly.
- Maintain student safety.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork and with keeping student files up-to-date.
- Advise students on academic progress.
- Maintain competence through continuous professional development.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina ? and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.