148079 Information Resource Consultant II
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: March 26, 2015
Organization: Greenville Technical College
Website: View Website
Wages/Salary: $38,703 - $55,155, Band 06, SC State Classification System
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field + 2 yrs experience in automated information or communication system design, installation, operation repair, sales, or marketing; or Associate's degree in computer science, computer technology, or related field + 4 yrs experience in automated information or communication system design, installation, operation, repair, sales, or marketing; or HS diploma + 6 yrs experience in automated information or communication system design, installation, operation, repair, sales, or marketing.
Prefer that the individual has relevant teaching experience in a student focused institution of higher education environment. Professional certification is a strong plus. This individual will be required to maintain currency and professional involvement in the management/business field.
In this challenging role, you will support the Business & Technology division at Greenville Technical College. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Coordinate and/or troubleshoot all information technology and computer related hardware/software and ensure adequate support/problem reporting methods
- Install new equipment and software; train faculty/staff and upgrade computers on a semester basis. Oversee information technology inventory
- Provide consultation to department heads and assist division in determining specifications for purchasing requests for information technology and computer related hardware/software and other ancillary items along with maintain division's 1-3-5 year technology plan
- Supervise and schedule lab assistants and grant-related tutors to support student lab work with input from technology program department heads
- Maintain division's network server and lab computers in coordination with OIT personnel to include hardware and software installation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs; maintain good working relationship with everyone in the division and work well with other people on campus
- Provide file system protection to the network in coordination with OIT personnel to include security/system backup
-Other duties, as assigned.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina ? and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.