2019 Summer Internships
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: January 10, 2019
Organization: US Department of Energy
City: Aiken, SC (and other sites nationally)
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student at a community college or accredited two-year college and completed at least one semester at the time of applying. A full-time student is defined as a student who is enrolled for the number of hours or courses the school considers to be full-time attendance (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service).
- Must have completed at least 6 credit hours in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology course areas, and completed at least 12 credits hours towards a degree.
- Must have an undergraduate cumulative minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all completed courses taken as a matriculated student at the applicant's current (or recently-graduated) institution and at any undergraduate institutions attended as a matriculated postsecondary student during the 5 years preceding the start of the current enrollment. (This does not include college or university courses taken while solely a high school student.)
- Must be 18 years or older at the time the internship begins.
- Must be a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident at the time of applying.
Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) status will be requested at the time an internship offer is accepted. Acceptable form of proof of U.S. Citizenship includes, but is not limited to, a Certified Birth Certificate, an U.S. State Government Issued Enhanced Driver’s License, U.S. Passport, U.S. Passport Card, Naturalization Certificate, Certificate of Citizenship, Consular Report of Birth (of U.S. citizen) Abroad, or Certification of Birth. Lawful Permanent Residents must have a current United States Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551).
- Must have earned a high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent at the time of applying.
Proof of an earned High School diploma or for passing all five GED tests required to achieve a Certificate of General Educational Development should be provided on the applicant’s undergraduate transcripts.
Additional Eligibility requirements:
- Applicants are limited to participation in CCI program to no more than two internships.
- Applicants can apply to the CCI program a maximum of three times.
Selected students participate as interns appointed at one of 15 participating DOE laboratories. They work on technologies or instrumentation projects or major research facilities supporting DOE’s mission, under the guidance of laboratory staff scientists or engineers.