600 and 1250 Ton Press
Date Posted: May 11, 2022
Deadline: June 22, 2022
Organization: Sizemore, Inc.
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- High school graduate or recipient of GED.
- Must be able to read and write, able to operate crane and read tape measure.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor.
- Possess patience, tact, enthusiasm as well as diplomacy when dealing with any person no matter the circumstances.
- Possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating and reacting to situations.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in potential stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Possess problem-solving skills with high attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, read/comprehend detailed instructions and process information with accuracy and clarity.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Job Summary: The 600 and 1250 Ton Press will be responsible for form embossing’s for plates and pressing sheet steel into embossing for welded radiators. It will be essential that the 600 and 1250 Ton Press supports and integrates Sizemore’s core values of Flexibility, Improvement, Reliability, Safety and Teamwork into the daily performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Load blank steel using hand-eye coordination for production.
- Unload embossing’s using hand-eye coordination for production.
- Die Change using hand-eye coordination/depending on steel to set press up for required size.
- Remove and load on skid to prepare embossing’s.
- Responsible for adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, and Corporate/Company policies.
- Obtain and correctly use required safety and personal protective equipment.
- Operate crane using hand and eye coordination.
- Startup and shutdown machine. Must know location of power and air supplies.
- Must have knowledge of all safety devices including stop button, hand pullbacks and safety blocks.
- Safely direct and assist in the changing operation.
- Press steel, remove and stack skid in appropriate location and in correct order.
- Perform first piece inspection using math skills.
- Complete necessary production and quality forms demonstrating good reading, math, and penmanship skills.
- Operate crane and locate the proper length steel to provide plates for press.
- Load press with sheet steel.
- Press plates to press sheet steel into embossing.
- Remove and load om skid to prepare embossing
- Comply with and enforce approved safety rules and procedures. Report to supervisor defective safety equipment or unsafe conditions or practices.
- Report all injuries occurring while at work immediately.
- Attend all scheduled safety training, quality training, and environmental training sessions.
- Comply with and enforce approved quality procedures, work instructions and other approved documentation such as drawings and quality records.
- Complete all required quality tests and inspections as assigned.
- Complete fully, accurately, and submit on time required records and documents to supervision or QA.
- Reject and identify nonconforming product and notify supervision and/or QA that product/material has been rejected.
- Attend all scheduled quality training sessions.
- Comply with and enforce the appropriate environmental procedures and practices.
- Comply with pertinent company environmental permit discharge limits. To include notifying QA supervision prior to draining any pit, tank, or container to the sewer or the ground on company property or releasing any chemical to the atmosphere.
- Reading and understanding appropriate MSDS documents for chemicals used or stored in their work area.
- Drives a culture of constant improvement, identifying and implementing changes to increase productivity and efficiency of service.
- Enforces Sizemore’s policies and procedures as needed.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and bend for duration of shift.
- Must lift/carry up to 100 lbs.
- Must have eye/hand/foot coordination and hand/finger dexterity with frequent pushing and reaching.
Conditions of Employment:
Sizemore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Continued employment is dependent upon:
- Ability to pass a criminal background, a clean MVR check (if driving), and employment verification.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not necessarily all inclusive and others may be assigned. By signing this Job Description, I hereby acknowledge my responsibilities, duties and am aware I am accountable to meet the expectations and responsibilities of this position to employees, customers, co-workers and managers of Sizemore, Inc.
I have read and reviewed the above requirements and agree that I can perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Furthermore, I understand that any accommodation requests must be made in writing to Sizemore Inc. Human Resources.
2003 Gordon Hwy
Augusta, GA 30909
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.