Accounting Clerk - Accounts Payable
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: December 14, 2017
Job Type: Full Time
High school diploma or equivalent
Basic accounting principle knowledge preferred
Excellent organization skills
Fluency with all core Microsoft applications
Thermaflex, a subsidiary of Smiths Group, and a leading manufacturer of products for the HVAC markets is recruiting for an Accounting/AP Clerk for our Abbeville, South Carolina location. Accounting/AP Clerk will provide financial, administrative and clerical support to ensure payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer for stock and non-stock purchases.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities and preparing checks.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries via phone and email.
- Pay employees by receiving and verifying expense reports for advances; preparing checks.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
- Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
“This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment q3ualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer