Admin Lieutenant I - Level 2
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 31, 2020
Organization: Leath Correctional Institute
Website: View Website
Job Type: Part Time
Wages/Salary: Hiring Range - Min. $34,840.00
Hiring Range - Max. $44,994.00
- Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements:
A high school diploma and supervisory experience in Correctional Security, or Police work.
A Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or Criminal Justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experience.
(Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
- A masters or a bachelor's degree plus one (1) year teaching/training experience.
- Associates degree plus two (2) years teaching/training experience.
- High School diploma plus three (3) years teaching/training experience. Must have at least one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Must successfully complete CO Basic Certification Training and the Basic Supervisory Course.
- Must also complete the following T4T's: Basic Training for Trainers, Firearms, Defensive Tactics, Emergency Preparedness, American Safety & Health institute First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving and Less Lethal Munitions.
- Must acquire a CDL within one (1) year. ill be required to periodically rotate at the SCDC Training Academy for classes as needed.
- Job Responsibilities
Under limited supervision, using SCDC approved lesson plans, conduct and evaluate Uniform and Non-Uniform Staff training.
- Research and develop/update lesson plans.
- Set training schedule annually for all staff.
- Assist with any training conducted at the institution with training aids and other equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment.
- Ensure all training is entered into the automated training system(s) in a timely manner.
- Maintain contact with supervisors and employees to identify training needs.
- Submit monthly training status report.
Hours/Weekly 40.00 Shift Schedule: 01 Work Time: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Work hours subject to change.
NOTE: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only; you must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
2809 Airport Rd
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.