Administrative Assistant (Off-Park Ranger)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 8, 2019
Organization: SCPRT/Hickory Knob State Resort Park
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $26,988 annually
Associate degree in Park Management or related field with (1) year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Position requires medium to heavy lifting, walking and standing on uneven terrain, crawling and working at heights. Exposure to weather conditions, cleaning agents and other material used in maintaining park facilities and grounds.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule, to include day and night shifts as well as weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Classification may require successful completion of law enforcement training as prescribed by state law. Must posses a valid South Carolina Driver's License.
***Candidates MUST specifically meet these required qualifications or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.***
Assists with overall operation and maintenance of a State Park. Performs diversified duties as governed by general instruction, policies and standard operating procedures of the Department. Assumes the responsibilities of the Park Manager in the absence of higher level employees.
- Assists with the administrative activities to include, but not limited to, receiving and documenting revenues, preparing reports and making payments in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Assists with the operational activities to include supervising specific areas such as retail sales, day use areas, camping, cabins and other overnight accommodations or special use facilities.
- Provides a variety of office functions related to callers, correspondence, document file and retrieval system, etc.
- Performs continuous public relations activities and assists with educational and recreational programming.
- Provides assistance to and works to maintain a safe environment for park visitors, to include enforcement of park rules, regulations and policies within established limits and in accordance with Division policy.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair activities on buildings and grounds.
- Practice and promote teamwork within the State Park Service, throughout the agency and with external agency stakeholders. Represents office as an active member on agency teams assigned throughout the year.
The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.