Administrative Specialist I (Switchboard)
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: November 9, 2020
Organization: DDSN-Whitten Regional Center
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: $18,593.00 - $34,402.00 Annually
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Requires High School Diploma or GED and one year of clerical experience; or an Associate Degree in Secretarial Science or a related field.
Requires a general knowledge of office practices and procedures. Sufficient knowledge of vocabulary to ensure accuracy in spelling. Must be proficient in computer programs, particularly Excel and Word. Must possess good visual and communication.
Please see our Agency Specific Application Procedures. You must complete all work history within the application form. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent upon the following: an acceptable review of your past employment history, personal references, other sources including, but not limited to, the criminal background check which will be conducted by SLED and/or the FBI; and receiving clearance from the DSS Child Registry that indicates no record of child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employer or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position.
Functions as the switchboard operator for Whitten Center and assists the Facility Officer of the Day with various duties, primarily with obtaining staffing coverage in the residential service area and disseminating information to appropriate areas of the facility.
- Answers and screens calls coming into the switchboard, forwarding calls as appropriate and taking messages as needed. Facilitates obtaining emergency services as needed.
- Assists the Facility Officer of the Day with obtaining residential service staffing numbers and documents as appropriate. Assists with completion of target staffing documents.
- Prepares the daily FOD and Switchboard logs documenting the activities of the FOD and Switchboard operator for each shift. Disseminates the logs appropriately.
- Greets visitors coming into the Administration Building, issues visitor badges, answers general questions of visitors, contacts units/program areas of visitors. Assists family/staff with questions re: trips/home visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
28373 Highway 76 East
Clinton, SC 29325
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.