AmeriCorps Upstate Team Member | Resource Navigator
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 14, 2020
Organization: AmeriCorps Upstate
Location: Greenville Area Laurens Other
City: Greenville, Easley, Laurens, Pickens, Anderson, Clinton
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Benefits of a Service Year: Full-time members are eligible for a $14,279 living stipend (annual), health coverage benefits, childcare benefits, and federal student loan forbearance during their term. Upon successful completion of a service term, members are eligible for payment of accrued interest on eligible federal loans, and a $6,195 education award toward continued education or student loan repayment. All Members are provided with mileage reimbursement, skill building opportunities, and robust monthly professional development trainings.
Additional Required Expectations:
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Serve full-time (36-40 hours / week) to reach 1700 service hours by end of term
- Work directly with clients
- Pass three criminal history checks
- Attend a two-week orientation
- Earn advanced IRS certification for VITA preparation
- Some nights and weekends expected during tax season (January – April)
- Submit timesheets weekly
- Track program measure data
- Be able to use a computer and Microsoft Office programs
- Some travel required (~10-30% based on position)
- Be at least 18 years old at start of service
- Be a U.S. Citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien
Are you interested in making a difference in the community? Are you able to commit yourself to a year of service helping others? Join our AmeriCorps team!
We are developing a dynamic team of 23 service-minded, results-driven candidates who will provide direct financial stability services to low-income individuals and families throughout the Upstate of SC, leading them into economic mobility. AmeriCorps Members accomplish this by serving 1700 hours with a partner site over the course of the year. Members will coach clients in ways to increase their personal income, build savings, and gain and sustain assets. Selected candidates will be matched with host organizations in a variety of positions available in Greenville, Laurens, Anderson, and Pickens counties. AmeriCorps Members will serve from August 17, 2020 through July 31, 2021. This includes a mandatory two-week orientation provided by program staff from United Way of Greenville County, our grant holder.
Team members learn from experts in the nonprofit field and gain practical experience in community and economic development, community outreach, and more. This is a great opportunity for recent graduates, retirees, or anyone who is interested in starting a career in the nonprofit field. If you have the desire to serve others and have skills or experience related to social services, human services, case management, or community organization, you would be a great fit for our program.
As an AmeriCorps Upstate member, you will be trained to provide financial stability programs and services to the community, including but not limited to:
- Resource Navigation | Case management, crisis assistance, benefit applications through Thrive Hub, and connecting individuals and families with community resources
- Financial Literacy | Teaching financial literacy to people individually or in a classroom setting
- VITA: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance | Providing free tax preparation services in the community
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To learn more about our program, see our current partners, and find answers to FAQs,visit our website www.americorpsupstate.org or reach out to staff at email@example.com.
Our application opens in the spring of each year and stays open until all positions are filled or for one month after orientation, whichever occurs first. If our application is not currently open, send your résumé to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) When the application is live, create an account on the nationwide MyAmeriCorps portal: https://my.americorps.gov/
2) Complete and save a general team member application
3) Submit your completed application to our specific listing (AmeriCorps Upstate) here: my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=51075
For technical assistance, reach out to the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.
105 Edinburgh Court
Greenville, SC 29607
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.