Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: August 31, 2016
City: FOUNTAIN INN
Website: View Website
Associate?s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 1 to 2 years work experience in a related environment; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
? Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail
? Record keeping
? Routine database activity
? Word processing
Performs routine clerical, accounting and administrative work for the City?s accounts payable function.
1. Receives and sends invoices for department head approval to appropriate department.
2. Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment. Verifies account codes for proper assignment of budget expenditure. Obtains final review from the Finance Director before paying invoices.
3. Prepares invoices for reimbursement for services.
4. Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances. Posts accounts payable to ledger after approved by Finance Director.
5. Prints fiscal year reports for accounts payable.
6. Applies invoices against purchase orders, if applicable, and verifies purchase amount is correct.
7. Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
8. Process check requests
9. Audit and process credit card bills
10. Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
11. 1099 and contract maintenance
12. Respond to all vendor inquiries
13. Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
14. Assist with fiscal year-end audit
15. Files invoices and receipts after payment. Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately
16. Handles NSF Checks
17. Issues stop payments with approval of Finance Director.
18. Backup in the preparation of daily bank deposits if needed
19. Communicates with vendors to ensure account issues are addressed and resolved.
20. Assist with other projects as needed
21. Performs related duties as required.
Part-time Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 12:00pm
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS!
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.FOUNTAININN.ORG . WE ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FOR OPEN POSITIONS. ONLY COMPLETED ON-LINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. THE CITY OF FOUNTAIN INN IS AN ?AT-WILL? EMPLOYER, MEANING THAT EITHER THE EMPLOYER OR THE EMPLOYEE MAY END THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON.
PLEASE, NO PHONE CALLS!