Assembly Technician I - Sub Assembly (1st Shift)
Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and overtime in support of business needs.
- Utilize various hand tools to assemble and verify quality in sub-assemblies in a Lean environment.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; reach at or above shoulder level; grip; and use hands to handle and feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop; lift; carry; push; pull; and grip. The employee is frequently required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to or greater than 50 pounds. The vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and color discrimination. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to listen and to talk.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to noise and frequently exposed to dust.
aton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking an Assembly Technician I - Sub Assembly (1st Shift) to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: This is located at the Highway 72 facility.
In the Assembly Technician, Sub-Assembly role, you will assemble and wire medium voltage sub-assemblies and internal components.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
- Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembling. Identify nonconforming parts, troubleshooting. May be required to perform hypot test on assemblies.
- Use various fixtures, gauges and assembly tools to assemble, adjust or repair assemblies. Use of layout, drill, saw, punch, rivet and paint material as required.
- Apply identification labeling on completed sub-assemblies as required.
- Form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- Assemble, wire and mount equipment for sub-assembly and customer service orders.
- Complete checklists and feedback forms for finished product.
2210 Hwy 72 221 E
Greenwood, SC 29649
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.