Assistant Junior Project Manager
Date Posted: June 7, 2021
Deadline: August 31, 2021
Organization: MAR Construction Company
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Wages/Salary: Wages to be determined, this is a starting position.
Degree in Building Construction Technology with a minimum 3.0 GPA
Valid Drivers License & Vehicle
Willing to Learn & Work Hard
M.A.R. Construction is a commercial general contractor operating throughout South Carolina with our main office located in Newberry, SC. We have been in business for over 40 years completing a wide range of construction projects with projects ranging between ten thousand to over five million.
We are looking to add the right person to our team to grow with our company. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is driven and willing to learn.
The assistant junior project manager will learn and assist in all aspects of a project from inception to completion. Learn how to analyze, understand and review construction plans, solicit proposals, estimate costs, and prepare bids. Assist our Project Managers in overseeing project work while learning to ensure compliance with project specifications, quality control, scheduling, deadlines, safety requirements, and budgetary and fiscal compliance. Responsibilities include the following:
• Help with estimating and soliciting bids from subcontractors/ vendors.
• Help with coordinating, plans and field staff, including subcontractors/ vendors.
• Learn how and when to send RFIs, PCOs, and subcontractor COs.
• Learn to review submittals/ product data.
• Learn how to properly budget a project.
• Help develop project schedule and continually review and maintain it throughout the project duration.
• Help coordinate resources with other projects for overall company scheduling.
• Maintains professional relationship with owner, Architect, Engineer and other members of the contract team.
2401 Wilson Rd
Newberry, SC 29108
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.