Assistant in Training/Greenskeeper 3
Date Posted: March 25, 2021
Deadline: December 4, 2020
Organization: The Cliffs
Location: Greenville Area
City: Travelers Rest
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
- 2 or more years experience in golf course maintenance is preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in turf management preferred
- Mixing and spraying fertilizers and pesticides experience is required, Pesticide License is a plus
- Irrigation installation, troubleshooting, repair, and scheduling exp is required
- Basic understanding of operating lawn care equipment and its safety procedures
- Must be accurate and have strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate motorized equipment
- Ability to work over time, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. frequently
- Ability to walk 3-5 miles a day
- Ability to perform strenuous physical work on a daily basis to include frequent handling, reaching, lifting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, and balancing
- Ability to work both indoor and outdoor in various weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold while being exposed to all forms of precipitation
- Participates in course renovations such as sod laying or removal, grass sprigging, trench excavating, tree and brush removal and operating hand tools.
- Fertilize, verti-cut and aerify greens, tees, fairways, and roughs.
- Calculate and mix fertilizes and pesticides as well as spraying tees, greens and fairways when needed.
- Monitor and recognize common turf diseases, weeds and insects and treat accordingly.
- Maintain golf course irrigation equipment and make necessary repairs.
- Monitor course for irrigation needs and assist in the hand watering of greens when necessary.
- Takes direction from Assistant Superintendent in leading and directing small teams for special projects and tasks.
- Operates golf course maintenance equipment to include: mower, trimmers, edgers, weed eaters, blowers, etc.
- Mows greens, tees, fairways, roughs, collars, and approaches.
- Changes tee markers, cuts cups, repair ball marks on greens, and repair tee and fairway divots.
- Rake and edges bunkers, top dress greens and tees, edge cart paths, remove weeds, and gather debris from golf course.
- Performs golf course maintenance duties as assigned by management.
Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.