Date Posted: November 4, 2020
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Organization: Starbucks - Sandy Run Roasting Plant
Location: Columbia Area
Website: View Website
Job Type: Full Time
Summary of Experience
- Design and programming of instrumentation process controls - 3 years
- Electrical troubleshooting - 3 years
- General industrial maintenance and electrical systems - 3 years
- Using and creating mechanical and electrical blueprints and technical equipment manuals - 3 years
- Working with electrical codes - 3 years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform computer-aided design and use databases
- Ability to read, write and understand polices, guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Ability to troubleshoot and create automation software
- Ability to use electronics test equipment
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce in a team environment
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in safety procedures
- Familiarity with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) standards
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by assisting with process improvements for production software and production equipment.
- Maintains and provides troubleshooting of plant automation systems and assists in the design and implementation of new automation projects.
- Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Engineering with updates, changes and testing of new modifications.
- Assists with new equipment implementations and projects.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in World Class Manufacturing team sessions.
- Performs periodic maintenance of systems.
- Performs troubleshooting of electrical and instrumentation issues for the packaging equipment and machines, Automated Coffee Roasting System, transfer systems and custom software applications.
- Researches and implements continuous improvement opportunities.